[webkit-dev] about LGPL

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Thu Oct 29 15:03:49 PDT 2009

On Oct 29, 2009, at 7:17 AM, zheng shiju wrote:

> I have port qt4.5 and webkit to an embedded linux board, and I edit
> qt and webkit source codes,
> and I develop a TV look-feel application and based on the edit qt4.5
> and webkit , it is commercial.
> so ,I must let my application following LGPL?

This mailing list is for discussing development of WebKit. If you’re
just using WebKit and not contributing, the right place to ask
questions is webkit-help.

It’s likely people won’t give you legal advice. Here’s about all I
feel comfortable saying. You need to adhere to the license of the code
you’re using. WebKit code is covered by LGPL- and BSD-style licenses.
One thing you will definitely need to do is to make the source code
with your modifications available.

     -- Darin