[webkit-dev] Performance of NamedAttrMap

Yaar Schnitman yaar at chromium.org
Thu Oct 29 14:57:37 PDT 2009

I encountered a similar (potential) performance problem with style
properties (see CSSMutableStyleDeclaration::findPropertyWithId), which are
stored in an unordered vector too.

A potential solution would be to create a HashMap only for elements / style
properties with more than K (5+?) attributes,  and only when they are first
accessed. Such a hashmap will not replace the vector, but just provide an
index to it.