[webkit-dev] How to cancel a resource request

Jaroslav Gresula jgresula.LEAVE-THIS-OUT at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 07:37:59 PDT 2009

Xan Lopez wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Jaroslav Gresula
> <jgresula.LEAVE-THIS-OUT at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Xan Lopez wrote:

>>> in dispatchWillSendRequest you can modify the URI of the resource
>>> that's about to be requested. If you set it to, say, "about:blank",
>>> nothing will be requested. This is what the GTK+ port does, through a
>>> signal emission, to let clients implement things like adblock.
>>>

>> That's a nice trick but is the resource MIME type and its length known
>> at this point? My understanding is that this information is not
>> available until dispatchDidReceiveResponse().
>
> Well, no, but since you were asking how to cancel the request I
> assumed you wanted to do it before it was done, not after... If you
> want to do things based on the MIME type of the resource see
> dispatchDecidePolicyForMIMEType, which also carries the
> ResourceRequest.

Ok, let me rephrase my question: what I need is to cancel an ongoing
(sub)resource request once its length and MIME type are known. This way
I could avoid retrieving of resources whose length exceeds certain limit
or whose MIME type can't be handled by my port.

I've already looked at dispatchDecidePolicyForMIMEType() and it seemed
to me that it is invoked only for the main resource but not for
sub-resources (i.e. images) - I will look into it closer.

Thanks,
--
Jarda
http://jagpdf.org