[webkit-dev] Javascript and WebCore

Alexander Cohen naftaly at me.com
Fri Oct 23 06:27:22 PDT 2009

Hello,

I've been looking into having WebCore support another scripting
language other than Javascript. By going through the code, it seems
pretty doable. Then i got to  inline scripts on event handlers and
that's where it became a bit more complicated. It seems like
JSEventListeners are mixed into normal HTML parsing which makes it
really hard to actually add anything without either refactoring that
complete section or just hacking it right into it ( checking for the
type of script and dispatching to the right class ).

I most probably missed something somewhere, i'm pretty new to WebKit/
WebCore. Is there anything i should look at in order to make this a
bit simpler.

thx

AC