[webkit-dev] Compiling webkit

Alexander Cohen naftaly at me.com
Wed Oct 21 13:00:50 PDT 2009

On Oct 21, 2009, at 3:33 PM, Evan Martin wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Alexander Cohen <naftaly at me.com>
> wrote:
>> I've been fiddling with WebKit a bit but for the life of me, i
>> can't seem to
>> get it to compile on Mac. I've followed all the instructions on webkit.org
>> .
>> Are there any dependencies or tools that might not be mentionned on
>> the
>> building webkit pages? I can include the build errors but i thought
>> best to
>> just ask first about anything that might not be mentionned on the
>> website.
>
> I built WebKit on a Mac for my first time a couple of weeks ago.  I
> followed the instructions and ran into no problems.

Ok. So here's my process:

1- Download the source snapshot.
2- run update-webkit to update my source tree
3- run build-webkit --debug to build

here's the output:

-- begin output --
devbook-2:~ alex$ build-webkit --debug
Use of uninitialized value $defaults in pattern match (m//) at /Users/
alex/Documents/Dev/Code/webkit/WebKitTools/Scripts/webkitdirs.pm line
785.
Can't exec "qmake": No such file or directory at /Users/alex/Documents/
Dev/Code/webkit/WebKitTools/Scripts/webkitdirs.pm line 1207.
Use of uninitialized value $mkspec in scalar chomp at /Users/alex/
Documents/Dev/Code/webkit/WebKitTools/Scripts/webkitdirs.pm line 1207.
Calling 'qmake -r OUTPUT_DIR=/Users/alex/Documents/Dev/Code/webkit/
WebKitBuild/Debug /Users/alex/Documents/Dev/Code/webkit/WebKit.pro
CONFIG-=release CONFIG+=debug' in /Users/alex/Documents/Dev/Code/
webkit/WebKitBuild/Debug

Can't exec "qmake": No such file or directory at /Users/alex/Documents/
Dev/Code/webkit/WebKitTools/Scripts/webkitdirs.pm line 1363.
Failed to setup build environment using qmake!
-- end output --

Any idea what's wrong here?

thx

AC