[webkit-dev] Selection highlight painting ("gaps"?)

David Hyatt hyatt at apple.com
Mon Oct 19 12:57:27 PDT 2009

On Oct 16, 2009, at 7:07 PM, Evan Martin wrote:

> When you select multiple lines of text in WebKit, the highlight paints
> over whitespace on the right margin.
> This is correct behavior for Mac, but not for Windows or Linux.

I would suggest making it be controlled by a Setting rather than
#ifdefs.  I thought one existed already, but if it doesn't, we can add
one.  Another possibility might be using the theme to query for this
info, although I know we would like to preserve the gap painting on
Safari for Windows.  Therefore a Setting is probably best.

Keep in mind that eliminating the gaps will give you a pretty ugly
irregular selection in a lot of places.   Do what you want in Chrome,
but make sure it's a setting and that you don't change Safari for
Windows in the process.

Thanks,
dave