[webkit-dev] Landing your own patches

Jeremy Orlow jorlow at chromium.org
Wed Oct 14 14:18:14 PDT 2009

This only works when you set the commit-queue+ bit.  Currently, the
convention is that people without commit access set commit-queue? to signal
that they'd like a reviewer to commit-queue+ it when they r+ it.  Sometimes
reviewers will go so far as to commit-queue+ it unless they see a
commit-queue-.  Since there's no way for someone to know when their patch is
going to be reviewed, it seems like this may be what's broken about the
system.
Maybe reviewers should never commit-queue+ stuff.  And non-committers should
just ask on IRC for someone to commit-queue+ their patch when it's ready to
land.

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Julie Parent
<jparent+webkit at gmail.com<jparent%2Bwebkit at gmail.com>