[webkit-dev] How to add a progress bar of page loading with webkit?

John Sullivan sullivan at apple.com
Fri Oct 9 06:05:32 PDT 2009

I'm not sure where you are looking. This is from WebView.h:

/*
     @discussion Notifications sent by WebView to mark the progress of
loads.
     @constant WebViewProgressStartedNotification Posted whenever a
load begins in the WebView, including
     a load that is initiated in a subframe.  After receiving this
notification zero or more
     WebViewProgressEstimateChangedNotifications will be sent.  The
userInfo will be nil.
     @constant WebViewProgressEstimateChangedNotification Posted
whenever the value of
     estimatedProgress changes.  The userInfo will be nil.
     @constant WebViewProgressFinishedNotification Posted when the
load for a WebView has finished.
     The userInfo will be nil.
*/
extern NSString *WebViewProgressStartedNotification;
extern NSString *WebViewProgressEstimateChangedNotification;
extern NSString *WebViewProgressFinishedNotification;

,,,

/*!
     @method estimatedProgress
     @discussion An estimate of the percent complete for a document
load.  This
     value will range from 0 to 1.0 and, once a load completes, will
remain at 1.0
     until a new load starts, at which point it will be reset to 0.
The value is an
     estimate based on the total number of bytes expected to be received
     for a document, including all it's possible subresources.  For
more accurate progress
     indication it is recommended that you implement a
WebFrameLoadDelegate and a
     WebResourceLoadDelegate.
*/
- (double)estimatedProgress;