[webkit-dev] How does Zooming Work?

Alex Milowski alex at milowski.org
Tue Oct 6 20:49:03 PDT 2009

What exactly happens during a zoom (command +/-) ?

I have code that works well but layout doesn't seem to happen after
a zoom in/out operation.  If I then resize the window, that forces a
layout for the zoomed size and things adjust themselves
appropriately (because layout() eventually gets called).

So, what sequence of events happens after a zoom?

Also, if I need layout() to be called for things to be handled properly, is
something out of place?

This all relates to the stretchy operator code in the MathML rendering.  The
operator's box stretches correctly after layout but after a zoom, it doesn't
stretch until layout happens again.

--
--Alex Milowski
considered."