[webkit-dev] Runtime setting for incomplete features

Dmitry Titov dimich at chromium.org
Mon Oct 5 22:35:18 PDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 9:48 PM, Sam Weinig <sam.weinig at gmail.com> wrote:

I would still very much like a good solution to runtime enabling/disabling
> features in the bindings as I think this would be a useful addition to the
> webkit arsenal and I am curious why it is thought that doing it right will
> be prohibitively expensive (it may very well be, I just don't know why that
> is).

This is a good question, I don't see also why it will be very difficult...
It seems most of the features we are talking about are exposed off window
object that already has custom getters. Also, if it can be assumed that the
flags don't change during lifetime of the browser process (which is true for
Chromium-like command-line flags) then it is not needed to reset script
state and caches on change. It might be not a very complex change...

Dmitry