[webkit-dev] trac.webkit.org links via Google.com

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Mon Nov 30 23:00:43 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 1:52 AM, Mark Rowe <mrowe at apple.com> wrote:

> rel=nofollow doesn't do what you think it does<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nofollow#What_nofollow_is_not_for>.
>  It prevents a link from implying influence.  It doesn't prevent the link
> from being followed and the destination content from being indexed.

Good to know.

"git grep" is hard to beat.

I totally agree!  I just often want trac urls for sharing with others, and
assembling them from file paths is annoying sometimes. :)

I looked briefly at google.com/codesearch but it doesn't seem to have found
svn.webkit.org yet.  It claims we should ideally have a "codesearch
sitemap" http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/topic.py?topic=12640but
I don't really know much about sitemaps or if that would even be a
good
idea.

I don't see a sitemap listed in robots.txt (
http://www.sitemaps.org/protocol.php#submit_robots), but maybe there is one
tucked away somewhere, but I'm pretty clueless on the whole "hosting a
website" thing. :)

Thanks again.

-eric