[webkit-dev] Webkit render tree dump

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Mon Nov 30 15:44:16 PST 2009

On Nov 18, 2009, at 8:55 PM, pundarik rajkhowa wrote:

> I have a doubt regarding the content of webkit render tree dump. In this dump, do we only print the HTML node information(body, div etc) or we print the style information also(font-weight, text-decoration etc). From what I have seen, it looks like only node information is printed. In such a case how a bug is caught if it is related to style attributes ?

Some bugs related to style attributes affect the layout of the web page, and so are detected by the change in size of the rendered elements. But other bugs related to style can only be caught by explicit queries of style by JavaScript code, or with the “pixel tests”, test results that use a graphical dump of a fixed-size browser window.

    -- Darin