[webkit-dev] GlobalScript in WebKit

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Mon Nov 30 14:30:05 PST 2009

On 30.11.2009, at 14:05, Dmitry Titov wrote:

> That also pretty much means if we won't have SharedScript, we'll
> need to explore other opportunities toward efficient sharing of code
> and data which does not make people to write a multithreaded UI as
> SharedWorker solution would do. We have practically zero positive
> response to SharedWorkers being used this way. Granted, this is
> "just one company" but the devs here are good and came from variosu
> other companies so the limited unscientific poll kind of shows the
> outcome...

This makes me wonder if there is any positive experience using
SharedWorkers for this elsewhere - or any better use cases for it.

At the moment, it seems that technical issues around shared workers's
implementation in WebKit haven't all been resolved yet, and that
GlobalObject could be a better replacement for the same use case
anyway. Dropping one for another is in the spirit of successful
experimentation - what do you think?

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov