[webkit-dev] GlobalScript in WebKit

Michael Nordman michaeln at google.com
Mon Nov 30 13:15:57 PST 2009

http://alex.dojotoolkit.org/2007/12/the-w3c-cannot-save-us/
What a great rant :)

I'm also reminded of this quote...
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man
depends on the unreasonable man." -George Bernard
Shaw<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Bernard_Shaw>

The Chrome team has come around to putting this particular feature into
Chrome as an experiment. It's not clear that can be pulled off without
actually putting some bits into WebKit, and I think we're of the opinion
that the cleanest implementation is to have the code reside entirely in
WebKit. (Personally, I think to do otherwise puts us into the realm of
hackery  to pull off the experiment.)

Sam said "It adds extra complexity to WebKit". We can and should keep a
careful eye to minimize that.