[webkit-dev] display:none

Mario Bensi mbensi at pleyo.com
Mon Nov 30 08:58:40 PST 2009

Hello,

I have a question on css propertie "display:none".

If I try to load this example :

        <object type="test/test" id="test"></object>

On WebKit the createPlugin is never called and we can't access to script part
of my plugin, the plugin are not instantiated.

If I try the same page on Firefox it works, my plugin are correctly
instanciated but not diplayed, like I want.

After read http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#display-prop for me the
plugin must be instantiated, but no space will be reserved in the layout
for it, and no box will be created.

is a bug in webkit ? Or I misunderstood something in specification ?

Best Regards,
--
Mario Bensi

Join OWB team on freenode IRC, channel #owb
Web-enabler for CE devices
www.pleyo.com
Follow us on twitter : twitter.com/pleyo
tel : +339 70 447 544