[webkit-dev] HTML Layers above plugin

Andre-John Mas ajmas at sympatico.ca
Sun Nov 29 07:11:07 PST 2009

Hi,

I am currently investigating the possibility of using a web container for an HTPC system. As part of the design I am looking at is to use the multiple tab views to embed the necessary elements. One would concentrate on the menu and another on the embedded player (via plugin). For the view showing the plug-in I have two approaches that I am looking at, where is either work with with plug-in developers to add the necessary chrome needed to display the play various information or to somehow overlay 'controls' in HTML.

If I do create a layer with a z-index above the video plugin it will get obstructed by the plugin. On the other hand I am able to hide the layer with the plug-in without any issue. Is there are a way to draw HTML above the plugin? If not is there any technical reason why something like this could not be implemented?

André-John