[webkit-dev] "using namespace" style guideline

Chris Jerdonek chris.jerdonek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 18:56:37 PST 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:

> No "using namespace" statements are permitted in header files. The guidelines are talking about non-header files. We should clarify that.

Thanks for the clarification.  I will go ahead and try adding that.

This is a good segue into another question I have.

What is the current thinking on all of the "using WTF::..." statements
at the end of many header files in JSC?  For example, what was the
original reason behind including those, and is there any chance that
they will be taken out at a later date (or has that already been ruled
out)?  I searched a bit and didn't come across any discussion of this.

--Chris