[webkit-dev] Error handling support in DRT.

tonikitoo (Antonio Gomes) tonikitoo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 10:49:53 PST 2009

Hi guys, I have a question about DRT and its current support to
handling error pages.

For a layout test I am working for a bug fix (see bug 30573), it would
be great if the DumpRenderTree supports a way to handle "error pages".

For example, in the end of the hypotactic test execution below (JS
snippet), the error page html source would be dumped instead:

(...)
   if (window.layoutTestController) {
        layoutTestController.dumpAsText();
        layoutTestController.overridePreference("WebKitUsesPageCachePreferenceKey",
1);
        layoutTestController.setHandleErrorPage();   <--- this does
not exist current.
    }

    function onPageLoad(evt)
    {
            layoutTestController.queueLoad("./non-existent.html");
    }

    window.onload = onPageLoad;
(...)

In my case specifically, I'd like to have this kind of support in DRT,
since I am testing BackForward list content/state after a couple of
back's and forward's involving a non-successful load (qtwebkit does
give support to handle error pages).

Any plans to do so ?

--
--Antonio Gomes