[webkit-dev] How to set breakpoints in JavaScript Engine of WebKit on MacOS

David Levin levin at chromium.org
Fri May 29 02:26:39 PDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 11:28 PM, Meryl Silverburgh <
silverburgh.meryl at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 11:07 PM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:
> > On May 15, 2009, at 10:50 PM, Meryl Silverburgh wrote:
>
> >> I have created a custom executable (pointing to
> >> /Application/Safari.app) in my WebCore project. But my question is how
> >> can I set breakpoints in JavaScript engine?

Try these two things:

Thing One
1. Launch xcode.
2. Go to xcode's preferences.
3. Choose "debugging" from the top section.
4. Uncheck "Load symbols lazily"
5. click "ok" (to apply this and close preferences).

Thing Two
1. Load your xcode project with the custom safari executable
2. "right click" your custom executable for webkit
3. choose "Get Info"
4. click "arguments" at the top.
5. In the section "variables to be set in the environment", click the +.
6. Make the name "DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH"
7. Make the value something like "pathToYourEnlistment/WebKitBuild/Debug"
8  Close the "get info" window

Dave