[webkit-dev] Sharing code between WebCore/bindings/js and WebCore/bindings/v8

Dimitri Glazkov dglazkov at chromium.org
Wed May 27 15:28:25 PDT 2009

It would really, really awesome (IMHO) to put some extra effort into
minimizing bindings divergences. I think there's already some good
foundation laid in this regard in the form of Script* classes (look
for bindings/(js|v8)/Script* files) . I was once imagining that we
could split out code generation into:

a) conversion/instantiation helper functions (these will be different
for V8 and JSC)
b) the actual bindings, written using Script* stuff and common for both engines.

Then we could rewrite (weeeeee!) all of our custom bindings to use
Script* as well and live happily ever after.

:DG<