[webkit-dev] SharedWorkers alternate design

Michael Nordman michaeln at google.com
Tue May 26 15:43:30 PDT 2009

John's point about switching which impl to use at runtime is a good
one. For example, I was planning on doing something similar for the
ApplicationCacheFrontend interface, but with a difference. I was
planning on returning one concrete instance when called on the main
thread, and another when called on a worker thread... a runtime
decision.

I think the interface + static factory approach is generally easier to
grok than the FooBase / Foo (elsewhere) approach... jmho.