[webkit-dev] SharedWorkers alternate design

Drew Wilson atwilson at google.com
Tue May 26 10:43:31 PDT 2009

Thanks for the explanation, Maciej. I actually looked at ResourceRequest
prior to sending my mail, but I wasn't clear what makefile magic was being
used to load the correct version of ResourceRequest.h for a given platform.

For example, if I look at WebCore/WebCore.vcproj/WebCore.vcproj, I see only
two references to ResourceRequest.h: platform/network/curl and
platform/network/cf, but clearly we might want to use the chromium/ or win/
versions as well. Can someone give me a quick explanation of how the
platform-specific version is selected at compile time?

Do we have a naming convention for the "default" implementation? I'm
expecting there to be two versions of SharedWorkerRepository - the chromium
version, and the <everything else> version.

-atw