[webkit-dev] WebKit core for Windows CE

Seweryn Pływaczyk s.plywaczyk at gmail.com
Mon May 25 14:37:47 PDT 2009

Hi All.

I'm new in WebKit (I've been working with it for week) and it is my first
email sent to this list so first of all I'd like to say hello for everybody.

My problem is the following:

I'd like to build WebKit for Windows CE (ARM) but exactly in the same way
like I did it on XP. I mean I'd like to have as a final result a DLL and
some headers which I would use in external application.

I was able to do it on XP.

I found other projects for WinCE like ISee browser but they exist as a one
application based on WebKit and I'd like to have it splitted.

I can imagine that it is not possible just like so I'm asking about some
hints and advices.

Is it possible to extract only a core of whole WebKit? I removed few
projects from VisualStudio and left only:
    Interfaces
    InterfacesGenerated
    WebCore
    WebCoreGenerated
    JavaScriptCore
    JavaScriptCoreGenerated
    WebKit
but I'm not sure if it is enough or too much. BTW Is there any documentation
where I can read responsibility/range of particular VS projects?
I've added also the following flag to preprocessor (copied from ISee
project):
    NDEBUG
    _WIN32_WCE=$(CEVER)
    UNDER_CE
    $(PLATFORMDEFINES)
    WINCE
    _WINDOWS
    $(ARCHFAM)
    $(_ARCHFAM_)
    arm
    __WIN32__

I had some errors during building but before I start to try fix them I'd
like to know yours suggestions.

I could also try to remove browser part form ISee and leave only WebKit part
but first I'd like to try with the original sources.

I've read about Wake3 project but its website is unavailable. Are they any
other projects which ports WebKit to WinCE. I've also heard that they are
working for official port but I didn't find yet any information about it
neither on WebKit site or its SVN repository.

I'll be gratefull for any advices.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Seweryn