[webkit-dev] Review Queue

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Thu May 21 22:08:24 PDT 2009

On May 21, 2009, at 9:47 PM, Eric Seidel wrote:

> Interesting analogy.  However, closing means to me that the community
> is done with the bug.  Denying a patch because no one's working on it
> anymore (aka, no one is there to respond to review comments even if
> you make them) is not the same as closing a bug.  There is a
> "forgotten patches" link on the nightly start page iirc which shows
> all the r-'d patches. :)  http://nightly.webkit.org/start/  I've
> certainly looked through that list for patches to finish before.
> Maybe I'm the only one.
>

> Many of the bugs we see languish in the review queue are just too big
> to be easily reviewed.  I don't think we encourage enough decisive
> action from reviewers (like just r-ing a patch because it's too big to
> review).  At least an r- action gives the contributer something more
> than silence. :)

If you want to r- a patch for a reason, such as being too big, or
having feedback already that hasn't been addressed, that's fine. But I
think it would be a bad idea to reject patches just because they
haven't been reviewed for too long. And the other folks who have
spoken up so far seem to agree.

Regards,
Maciej