[webkit-dev] DOM Storage and private browsing

Jeremy Orlow jorlow at chromium.org
Wed May 20 14:01:41 PDT 2009

Thanks a lot for the quick response.  This does clear up a lot for me.

Hopefully I'll send my first DOM Storage re-factoring [1] patch out in a day
or two.  Once the re-factoring is squared away, I'll try to tackle these
inconsistencies.  (And, a little further out, I'm hoping to add Quota
support and memory reclamation code.)  In the mean time I'll file a bug.

Note that, with respect to some of these corner cases, I think Chromium's
behavior may need diverge from the default WebKit behavior.  (For example,
incognito mode will be different from WebKit's private browsing.)  That
said, I think it should be pretty easy to handle these differences in a
clean manner.

Thanks,
Jeremy

[1] https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2009-May/007684.html