[webkit-dev] Libcurl backend build error (was: build on ubuntu not working as expected)

tonikitoo (Antonio Gomes) tonikitoo at gmail.com
Wed May 20 05:41:50 PDT 2009


That is something reproducible by every one who builds libcurl as
network backend in a non-debug build, and really has to be fixed. Code
looks like this:

(...) WebCore/platform/network/curl/ResourceHandleManager.cpp

#ifndef NDEBUG
             char* url = 0;
             curl_easy_getinfo(d->m_handle, CURLINFO_EFFECTIVE_URL, &url);
             fprintf(stderr, "Curl ERROR for url='%s', error: '%s'\n",
url, curl_easy_strerror(msg->data.result));

             if (d->client())
                 d->client()->didFail(job, ResourceError(String(),
msg->data.result, String(url),

NOTE: "url" is declared inside the IFNDEF and used if the "if"
statement outside that, which is obviously wrong.

> Problem:
> I build revision 41937 sometime back and wxBrowser and my own wxPython
> browser was working fine
> Today i updated to revision 43688.
> 1.
> First I got an error at line 329
> platform/network/curl/ResourceHandleManager.cpp
> url not defined in this scope
> so i moved out char* url out of #ifndef NDEBUG

--Antonio Gomes

More information about the webkit-dev mailing list