[webkit-dev] [43842] trunk/WebCore

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue May 19 08:50:44 PDT 2009

On 19-May-09, at 10:45 AM, Darin Adler wrote:

> On May 18, 2009, at 8:41 PM, Adam Roben wrote:
>
>> We do something like this for Node::isSVGElement and
>> Node::isWMLElement already, so there is precedent.
>
> But there are alternatives that don't require making
> styleForRenderer virtual.
>
> For example, styleForRenderer could be changed to *call* a virtual
> function, perhaps an XHTMLMP one, instead of itself being a virtual
> function. That change would be pretty simple to do.

   I agree.  I'll make a patch for this today.  As noted on the bug
report, it is a goal to have no measurable impact on any case not
using MP so some virtual changes were removed.  I agree that the
previous approach is not the prettiest but as Yichao and others have
pointed out, it is the current approach in some places already.  I
think simply commenting on the bug report for things like this that
could be improved and having them applied as supplementary patches
would be a most excellent approach.

--
George Staikos
Torch Mobile Inc.