[webkit-dev] How to set breakpoints in JavaScript Engine of WebKit on MacOS

Meryl Silverburgh silverburgh.meryl at gmail.com
Fri May 15 22:50:26 PDT 2009

Hi,
I am able to download and compile both WebCore project and
JavaScriptCore project using XCode on Macos.
I have created a custom executable (pointing to
/Application/Safari.app) in my WebCore project.  The browser is
launched and I can set breakpoints in WebCore.  But my question is how
can I set breakpoints in JavaScript engine?

e.g. I want to load www.cnn.com in the brower and i want it to break at
void Parser::parse(JSGlobalData* globalData, int* errLine, UString* errMsg)

in JavaScriptCore (Parser.cpp).

How can I do that?

Thank you.