[webkit-dev] KJS::JSObject question

Jack Wootton jackwootton at gmail.com
Fri May 15 07:35:55 PDT 2009

I have had a look at the JavaScriptCore Framework Reference
(http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Reference/WebKit_JavaScriptCore_Ref/index.html#//apple_ref/doc/framework/javascriptcore_fw).
 My understanding now is that to add a custo object, the following
steps would need to be taken:

1. Create a name for the new object, for example:

JSStringRef myObjectName = JSStringCreateWithUTF8CString("foo");

2. Create the class definition structure;

JSClassDefinition myObjectDef;
myObjectDef.version = 1;
myObjectDef.myObjectName;

3. Create the class.

JSClassRef globalObjectClass = JSClassCreate(&myObjectDef);

4. Create the context:

JSGlobalContextRef context = JSGlobalContextCreate(globalObjectClass);

5. Make the object:

JSObjectRef JSObjectMake(context, globalObjectClass, NULL)

However I have the following questions.

1. Who should share the context?  Is a single context used for a
single webpage / frame?
2. Where do I define the class that will actually handle the
implementation of any methods on my new object?
3. The object has been made using "JSObjectMake", but how is it added to WebKit?

Many thanks,
Jack

--
Regards