[webkit-dev] Dump render tree of webkit

Meryl Silverburgh silverburgh.meryl at gmail.com
Thu May 14 09:08:44 PDT 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Ariya Hidayat
<ariya.hidayat at trolltech.com> wrote:

>> layer at (0,0) size 800x600
>>   RenderView at (0,0) size 800x600
>> layer at (0,0) size 800x600
>>   RenderBlock {HTML} at (0,0) size 800x600
>>     RenderBody {BODY} at (8,8) size 784x584
>
> This the render tree. Or did you mean something else?

Thanks. But I was trying it with http://www.cnn.com, it has more than
just a BODY tag, so I am not sure why it does not show the rest, which
is what I care about.

>> Moreover , is there any tool/function to dump the DOM of a page to
>> file/screen?
>
> I guess you could something similar (inspecting the DOM etc) from the Web
> Inspector.

I am looking for something write to a file/screen to dump the whole
DOM instead of clicking an element at a time.

Thank you.