[webkit-dev] Hi, how can I know the whole architecture of webkit?

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Thu May 14 02:58:31 PDT 2009

On Thursday 14 May 2009 12:05:29 JIN Wei wrote:
> Hi, guys:
>
>     As a newbie to open source software , I wonder where can I find the
> docs of the architecture of webkit.
> And how can I get start?

As hard it might sound. There is no architecture documentation available at
this moment, the code is all we have.

Regarding starting, the question is what do you want to learn? There are blog
posts by Dave Hyatt on the surfin safari blog how the render tree is working,
there is a video by Lars Knoll and George Staikos on Yahoo explaining the
history and ideas of KHTML/WebKit.

Do you have any specific interest? CSS? Layout? Painting? DOM? Networking?
Editing?

	z.