[webkit-dev] Chromium Unforking: Please hold off on big changes for a day or so

Darin Fisher darin at google.com
Thu May 7 23:35:11 PDT 2009

Victory!
http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/waterfall.fyi/waterfall?builder=Webkit%20(webkit.org)
To those not working on Chromium, that is our buildbot that builds Chromium
trunk against WebKit trunk.  That implies zero forks, and to have it
green--and passing the same layout tests as our normal build of Chromium--is
enough to bring tears of joy to my eyes.  This day has been a long time
coming.

Now to keep it that way...

To make that easier, we still need to upstream the following code:
1-  The remainder of the V8 bindings (this is progressing nicely)
2-  A description of the files we are building (we'll be using
GYP<http://code.google.com/p/gyp/>for this)
3-  A WebKit layer API (this is brewing
here<http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome/trunk/deps/third_party/WebKit/WebKit/chromium/>
in
case you want a sneak peak; it exists in our tree presently to ease the
transition from our webkit/glue directory)
4-  A functional DumpRenderTree for our WebKit API and V8
5-  LayoutTest results for the Chromium ports (win, mac and linux)

Once we complete step 2, I think we will be able to put up a meaningful
buildbot on build.webkit.org that does not depend on too much from the
Chromium repository.  This should help improve visibility into the status of
our port.

Regards,
-Darin