[webkit-dev] MessagePorts and garbage collection

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Wed May 6 13:36:05 PDT 2009

06.05.2009, в 21:38, Drew Wilson написал(а):

> It looks like the JSC collection code relies on JSLock to lock the
> heap - I'm guessing that I'll need to explicitly grab the JSLock
> whenever I'm manipulating the linkage between the two ports, is that
> correct? Or is there a different/better way to handle situations
> like this?

The JavaScriptCore implementation of MessagePorts only supports
document contexts (i.e., it only works on main thread).

As mentioned earlier, the first thing needed to implement MessagePorts
in workers is a design of how they can be passed around without
breaking GC. It is likely that taking a lock whenever atomicity is
desired will cause deadlocks.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov