[webkit-dev] ASSERT crashes on arm platform

Gustavo Chaves glima at profusion.mobi
Tue May 5 07:22:21 PDT 2009

> Hi, all.
>
> I'm yet another guy dealing with an arm box (set-top box), which has:
> - XScale3 processor
> - glibc 2.3.6
> - libstdc++ 6.0.3
> - all compiled with gcc 3.4.5
>
> I'm working with the efl port of webkit and I have two bugs which only
> happen on the arm box (never happened on
> the x86 same source build): two ASSERT macros are being triggered. One

Actually not true: my fault not having realised one of the builds had
--enable-debug
and the other hadn't. Is anyone maintaining that option, that is,
tracking those asserts
so they don't crash? One does not expect to fall on such crashes on
debug mode...
Right now I don't have the time to figure out what is wrong with them,
but I can help
when things calm down.

> is at WebCore/page/FrameView.cpp:1227
> (ASSERT(!m_isPainting)) and the other lies on
> WebCore/platform/KURL.cpp:320 (ASSERT(url == m_string)). This second
> one is triggered by some url forms (no trailing slash, for example).
> Having checked that code, I'm not sure *why*
> that ASSERT is there, so I'm asking for possible help by who knows it
> better. The other crash looks like a race
> condition but it is difficult to write a test case to always reproduce
> the bug. Below are backtraces for each of
> the problems cited.

Cheers.

--
Gustavo Lima Chaves