[webkit-dev] when can I treat a JSValueRef as a JSObjectRef?

Patrick Mueller pmuellr at muellerware.org
Mon May 4 10:53:26 PDT 2009

Darin Adler wrote:
> What documentation were you reading? Since WebKit is an open source
> project, if you have improvements to, say, the comments in the header,
> you can submit them as a patch. Most of the mechanics are covered at
> <http://webkit.org/coding/contributing.html>, although some of the steps
> don’t apply for changes that are entirely in comments.
>
> If this was some Apple documentation you were reading, not generated
> directly from the header file, then you could instead file a bug at
> http://bugreport.apple.com suggesting improvements.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The docs I was reading were in fact the Apple docs, which AFAIK are the
only "docs" for JavaScriptCore.  When working at the API level, I try to
stick to "docs" instead of "code", but sometimes I cheat :-)  Actually,
I learned a lot by printing out "pointer values", without even looking
at the impl.

Maybe it would make sense for webkit.org to host something similar to
the apple docs, located here,

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Reference/WebKit_JavaScriptCore_Ref/

so that mortals could contribute back to that level of documentation.
At the minimum, I suspect the turn around time in getting changes to
such doc would be quicker than going through official Apple support.

I'll file a report at the apple site in the meantime though.

--
Patrick Mueller