[webkit-dev] Is it possible to block webkit_web_view_load_html_string() until the content is actually loaded?

Zhe Su james.su at gmail.com
Sun May 3 21:36:46 PDT 2009

Hi,
  I'm writing an application which uses webkit to display some html content.
webkit_web_view_load_html_string() is used to set content into webkit. I
found this function will return before the content is actually loaded, then
webkit will load the content in background. However my application needs
block until the content is actually loaded. I know that webkit has a signal
"load-finished", which will be emitted when the content is fully loaded. But
because of some limitation, my application can only block at somewhere until
the content is fully loaded. Because it's a single thread application, I
don't know how to do it. Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Thanks
James Su