[webkit-dev] Plugins with no MIME type

Loukas Kalenderidis webkit-dev at ragequ.it
Sun May 3 00:30:58 PDT 2009

Hey guys,

I'm just starting out writing a WebKit plugin which will intercept
HTTP requests and responses and manipulate them in various ways. I'm a
bit unsure as to how to go about getting this sort of plugin to load,
as it doesn't handle a specific MIME type. The movie player example is
obvious - the MIME type of the object is specified in the sample HTML
code, the plugin is found for that MIME type, and its -
webPluginInitialize and -webPluginStart methods are called as
expected. Is there something I need to put in my Info.plist for this
plugin to be loaded without being associated with a specific MIME
type? I hope this isn't a silly question, but I've been unable to find
the info I need in the doco.

Thanks,
Loukas