[webkit-dev] A question about JavaScript and Dom binding

naixuan guan guannaixuan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 05:54:14 PDT 2009

Hello,everyone

I got in touch with WebKit just for a short time, so some questions make me
feel puzzled. JavaScript and Dom binding is one of them.

some html pages are writen as follow:

var Video='<EMBED EnableContextMenu=false ShowStatusBar=true
type=application/x-mplayer2 SRC="http://abcd.efgh.dsad" WIDTH="800"
HEIGHT="520" ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="0" ShowDisplay="0"
autostart="1"></EMBED>'
<script>document.write(Video);</script>

I know the parsing of JavaScript is diffrent to the one of HTML
my question are:
1.Could I get the string value of the SRC attribute through WebKit source
code and how  to get the value?
2.How does JavaScript change the Dom tree? where are the APIs? are they in
binding/js directory?

Thank you!