[webkit-dev] Windows build & ENABLE(ASSEMBLER)

Kevin Ollivier kevino at theolliviers.com
Thu Mar 26 22:08:51 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a box ready to be a Windows build bot for the wx
port, and while trying to build WebKit I've come across an issue with
ENABLE(ASSEMBLER). Apparently this gets enabled only for Safari Win or
Mac as it depends on HAVE(JIT) or HAVE(WREC) being set, but if
HAVE(VIRTUALALLOC) is true (which is set to true under
PLATFORM(WIN_OS)), then JavaScriptCore/interpreter/RegisterFile.h
wants to use the roundUpAllocationSize function, which is only defined
when ENABLE(ASSEMBLER) is true.

Obviously I could play around with doing things like enabling JIT, but
I'm kind of wondering what my options are in terms of what is portable
beyond the Apple ports, and what might be the best option for the wx
port at this point in time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :-)

Thanks,

Kevin