[webkit-dev] Is there any Windows-GDI-only port?

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Mon Mar 23 08:13:41 PDT 2009

On Mar 23, 2009, at 10:28 AM, Adam Roben wrote:

> On Mar 23, 2009, at 6:18 AM, 김인기 wrote:
>
>> In my humble thought,
>> porting WebKit directly on Windows GDI can show
>> better performance than Cairo-port.
>
> Is this claim based on testing?

Sorry, that came out harsher than I intended.

What I meant was: Have you seen benchmarks that indicate GDI is faster
than Cairo? It would be interesting to know what those benchmarks
tested. In my (very limited) experience with graphics benchmarks,
relative performance of different graphics libraries can often be
fairly benchmark-dependent.

In any case, the first step towards making WebKit use no other
graphics library than GDI is to find one or more developers who want
to work on it.

-Adam