[webkit-dev] Pushing data to plugin

Jack Wootton jackwootton at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 07:23:29 PDT 2009

The functions you mention are NPP functions, which mean they are
implemented by the plugin and invoked by the browser.  this is the
opposite of what my post was about.  I am looking for functions that
are implemented by the browser and can be called by the plugin to send
data to the web page.

NPP_Invoke only allows for data to be transferred back to the webpage
after a javascript function first invoked a function on the plugin.

I think the Browser has a few functions which  may help though.  I
think my options are:

NPN_GetURL

Or

NPN_NewStream -> NPN_Write -> NPN_DestroyStream

Does anyone have any experience with these functions?  I am trying to
use them but am getting link errors.  Which library to i need to link
against to use them?

Cheers,
Jack

--