[webkit-dev] x86-64 JIT

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Thu Mar 19 13:11:19 PDT 2009

On Mar 19, 2009, at 11:58 AM, Mike Hommey wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:20:03AM -0700, Darin Adler wrote:
>> On Mar 19, 2009, at 10:12 AM, Mike Hommey wrote:
>>
>>> Except alert() isn't defined under jsc. Are there any other non-js
>>> (native) functions available in jsc, since it seems to be the
>>> problem ?
>>
>> Sure, there are tons and tons of native functions; almost every
>> function
>> on every built-in JavaScript object.
>>
>> Or you can use print() on the global object, which is similar to
>> alert
>> ().
>
> Exception: TypeError: Result of expression 'print' [[object global]]
> is
> not a function.

Works for me:

 > print
function print() {
     [native code]
}

> Anyways, it seems, at first hand, to be failing on native functions on
> DOM objects, not on standard JS objects :-/
>
> For example, Array.toString works, but window.setTimeout doesn't. Both
> go through the cti_op_call_NotJSFunction method.

That does sound strange.

Do JavaScriptCore and WebCore/WebKit get built as separate DLLs on
Linux/Gtk? If so, it could be due to a bug where we don't properly
handle jumps of longer than 32-bit distance in all cases. Perhaps
Gavin has a guess.

Regards,
Maciej