[webkit-dev] Pushing data to plugin

Jack Wootton jackwootton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 02:37:49 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I have written a plugin which represents a new MIME type I wish the
browser to be capable of handling.  It runs fine is only used to
provide an API.  So, for example the plugin is used like this:

/**************************/

<embed type="application/my-new-mime-type" HIDDEN="YES"></embed>

var myObj = document.embeds[0];

myObj.HelloWorld();

/**************************/

Once the plugin has been loaded plugin instance objects are created,
each one representing an occurrence of the <embed> tag.  I was
thinking, if I maintained a list in the plugin of all plugin instance
objects created, rather than returning them straight to the Browser.
is there anyway i could push data to the JavaScript in the same way I
would return data, for example, after a function call of
myObj.HelloWorld();

?

Cheers,

--