[webkit-dev] x86-64 JIT

Gavin Barraclough barraclough at apple.com
Wed Mar 18 13:07:51 PDT 2009

On Mar 18, 2009, at 11:06 AM, Mike Hommey wrote:

> An earlier call to JSC::JITStubs::cti_op_call_NotJSFunction works
> and a lot
> of other stub functions are called before the crash, so it means
> most of
> the JIT works, but it is failing in a subtle way.

I'd suggest trying to produce a reduction of the test case your
looking at – JIT crashers can usually be reduced down to a very small
test case.  You may then want to step though the JIT code to see where
the bogus value is coming from.  Adding calls to breakpoint() from
JIT::privateCompile and JIT::privateCompileMainPass can help with
this, inserting breakpoints into the JIT code that the debugger will
then hit.

cheers,
G.