[webkit-dev] WebKit does not refresh cached resource

halaiwa goddess04 at yandex.ru
Tue Mar 17 23:11:53 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am using Windows port of WebKit on CFNetwork taken approximately half a
year ago from trunk. I faced with the following problem:
when I am loading a resource from URL it is stored in WebKit's/CFNetwork's
cache, after updating it on server's side WebKit continues to load it from
cache and I never see the updated resource.
I made an experiment on several machines:
1. On one machine: after removing Cache.db WebKit load the resource from
server, however, then it continues loading this resource from cache
2. On another machine: even removing Cache.db does not help, it seems that
WebKit takes this resource from the cache of the Internet Explorer.

What is the correct way to work with the WebKit cache, how to force it to
load the resource from server based on "Last-Modified" header?

Thank you