[webkit-dev] [Fwd: Re: fld number of arguments bug]

Zoltan Herczeg zherczeg at inf.u-szeged.hu
Mon Mar 16 10:03:40 PDT 2009

Na megiscsak elokerult :)

---------------------------- Eredeti üzenet -----------------------------
Tárgy:   Re: fld number of arguments bug
Feladó:  "Vivek Mohan" <vivek at sig9.com>
Dátum:   Hét, Március 16, 2009 5:50 pm
Címzett: "Zoltan Herczeg" <zherczeg at inf.u-szeged.hu>

Hi Zoltan,

Sorry for the late response, I was on a vacation of sorts.

Firstly, about the FLD bug. Well, it isn't really a bug, but rather an issue
of semantics. The first operand, which as you'll notice is st(0), is
intended to explicitly state the destination operand of the instruction.
Arguably, it is redundant, because the destination is implied. But I felt,
it was useful to have it as the destination. Is there a use-case where this
is turning out to be a problem for you?

I am definitely interested in discussing the changes to udis86 you have
made. Looking forward to it.

Thanks,
Vivek.