[webkit-dev] BIULDING_ON_TIGER/LEOPARD macros

Kevin Ollivier kevino at theolliviers.com
Sat Mar 14 10:49:55 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm seeing some strangeness with the OS X availability macros. First,
it looks like BUILDING_ON_TIGER and BUILDING_ON_LEOPARD are defined in
JavaScriptCorePrefix.h, which AFAICT is only used by the Apple XCode
projects, yet the use of these macros are often inside
PLATFORM(DARWIN) rather than PLATFORM(MAC) checks, meaning other ports
building on Mac will need them too. Second, even after I tried moving
them to Platform.h, the MAX_ALLOWED <= MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_5 check
doesn't work for me, because apparently MAX_ALLOWED is defined to the
actual latest release on my machine (1056) rather than (1050), and so
the check doesn't pass and so it sets things up as if I'm running
something post-Leopard, which I only wish I were doing... ;-) Checking
MAX_ALLOWED <= 1056 does get things going right again.

I feel like I must be missing something though, as if other people saw
the same behavior then builds on Leopard should be broken in current
trunk with the same error the wx port is having (see the waterfall),
unless they're running on a stock, not updated 10.5.0 box. (Waterfall
sadly seems to have choked so I can't check, but I would suspect
leopard builds are not broken...) Anyone care to shed some light on
this matter? :-)

Thanks,

Kevin