[webkit-dev] Is the HTML5 application cache secure?

dean.mikel dean at correctsoft.com
Fri Mar 13 12:09:48 PDT 2009

I'm starting to build an html5 web app that uses application cache for
off-line use. The app will store highly sensitive data in the html5 sqlite
db. I want to make sure that my cached javascript and db can't be
compromised by a native app. I realize that items that are cached must be of
the same origin. But what about device side security of the cache itself.
Would it be possible for a malicious native app to break into the
application cache, replacing some or all of my stored javascript or gain
access to my db?

Thanks.