[webkit-dev] Dump Render Tree Crashes in Windows (r41443)

N.V. Balaji nvbalaji at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 21:55:04 PDT 2009

Hi All,
I have been trying to execute the automated lay-out tests on 5th Mar 2009
nightly (r41443).However the DumpRenderTree_debug.exe is crashing. The
layout test begins with Animation and every test case seems to be failing.

I downloaded the source and compiled on Windows. I am able to build the
code, successfully launch win launcher(WinLauncher_debug.exe ) and browse
sites. However when I attempt Layout tests, DumpRenderTree_debug.exe is
crashing

I would appreciate if you can point out what is going wrong. I am herewith
sharing a few details, dir contents and the log for your reference.

Thanks in Advance
Regds
Balaji N V

A few details:
-----------------
1. I use Safari 3.2.1
2. I copied the Safari 3.2.1 DLLS (includes icu??36.dll) and other resources
into WebKitBuild/bin directory
             - I am keeping freshly built QTMovieWin_debug.dll, webkit.dll

3. I am getting a warning during the execution of Layout tests
     - The error/warning msg is "Skipped list contained
'fast/forms/input-truncate-newline.html', but no file of that name could be
found'

4. I downloaded the "Layouttests" directory from the SVN Trunk on 3rd March
2009.

Contents of WebKitBuild/bin directory
============================

Freshly Built:

DumpRenderTree_debug.suo
SafariTheme.resources
Safari.resources
PubSub.resources
Plugins
CoreFoundation.resources
CFNetwork.resources
DumpRenderTree_debug.ilk
DumpRenderTree_debug.pdb
DumpRenderTree_debug.exe
ImageDiff_debug.ilk
ImageDiff_debug.exe
ImageDiff_debug.pdb
testnetscapeplugin_debug
WinLauncher_debug.exe
WinLauncher_debug.ilk
WinLauncher_debug.pdb
jsc_debug.ilk
jsc_debug.exe
jsc_debug.pdb
testapi_debug.ilk
testapi_debug.exe
testapi_debug.pdb
WebKit.resources
WebKit.ilk
WebKit.dll
WebKit.pdb
FindSafari.exe
FindSafari.pdb
QTMovieWin_debug.ilk
QTMovieWin_debug.dll
QTMovieWin_debug.pdb
record-memory-win.exe
record-memory-win.pdb

Copied from safari 3.2.1:

Safari.exe
QTMovieWin.dll
zlib1.dll
SQLite3.dll
SpellChecker.dll
Search.dll
SafariTheme.dll
PubSubDLL.dll
libxslt.dll
pthreadVC2.dll
libxml2.dll
libtidy.dll
icuuc36.dll
icuin36.dll
CoreGraphics.dll
CoreFoundation.dll
CFNetwork.dll
icudt36.dll

Log:
-------
/cygdrive/e/svn/webkit/5th_mar_nightly/WebKit-r41443
$ WebKitTools/Scripts/run-webkit-tests
Building results into:
/cygdrive/e/svn/webkit/5th_mar_nightly/WebKit-r41443/WebKitBuild
WEBKITOUTPUTDIR is set to:
E:\svn\webkit\5th_mar_nightly\WebKit-r41443\WebKitBuild
WEBKITLIBRARIESDIR is set to:
E:\svn\webkit\5th_mar_nightly\WebKit-r41443\WebKitLibraries\win

/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio
8/Common7/IDE/devenv.comDumpRenderTree.sln /build Debug

Microsoft (R) Visual Studio Version 8.0.50727.762.
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved.
1>------ Skipped Build: Project: FindSafari ------
1>
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 0 failed, 3 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========
Running tests from
/cygdrive/e/svn/webkit/5th_mar_nightly/WebKit-r41443/LayoutTests
Skipped list contained 'fast/forms/input-truncate-newline.html', but no file
of that name could be found

Testing 9973 test cases.
animations .
animations/animation-controller-drt-api.html -> failed
..
animations/animation-drt-api-multiple-keyframes.html -> failed
.
animations/animation-drt-api.html -> failed