[webkit-dev] ISO C++ forbids casting between pointer-to-function and pointer-to-object

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Sun Mar 8 00:56:02 PST 2009

On 2009-03-08, at 00:34, Dennis Heuer wrote:

> hello
>
> the JIT does some 'forbidden stuff'. i use gcc-3.4.6 on linux 2.6.28

This works correctly with newer versions of GCC.  I know that GCC 4.0
and 4.2 handle this code correctly.  I'd suggest that you update your
compiler or disable the JIT.  It's probably worth filing a bug report
in Bugzilla about the problem as well so we can tweak the
configuration such that the JIT is disabled for GCC versions that
cannot handle it.

- Mark